Monday, October 19, 2009

"It seems like years..."

Well, today was the day.

Hold on, has it really been over a month without any action? But there's a good reason for that. I've been emailing a friend from high school things I would normally post on here, and she's been emailing me back things that have kept me wrapped up in our communique instead of the blogosphere. She's a 1L and understandably busy, so in the mean time I'll be back here.

Alright, so the LSAT is over and done with. Although I was prepping around a 168, my actual score was a bit lower than that. LSAC hit me with a RC-LR*-LR-LR-LG (* was my experimental, and coincidentally a section I thought I owned) combo, so I was pretty fried when it came to the games, which I felt the least confident in, my RC and LR being my sure things. When I checked over my answers, I was shocked to see an all-time low (19/27) in the RC section. The rest of my sections were solid if not a little better than expected, especially the LG, but I was banking on at least a 23+ in the RC. I'll chalk it up to first section jitters but wow...

I'm not hugely confident in my GPA and LSAT combination for the schools I'm applying to, with the exception of 1, but I have all of my applications out, feel like my PS' are strong, and even managed to pull out a diversity statement for one application. And all that considered, I'm opting out of re-testing in December. I think at this point it comes down to ego. When all is said and done, and $300+ dollars later, my top choices are out for review. IAs it stands, I'm gunning for instate tuition, but I have a California school in my sights. I'll need a little fiscal inspiration to head out west given the state of the nation and the salary of a public defender. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather be overworked and underpaid than fall victim to the industry of the legal system, working at a legal boutique.

It's funny, but since Sept. 26th and now again lately, I've realized I never get nervous before tests or crucial projects or anything, but afterward I can't help but feel this fleeting anticipation. I guess they call that being 'in the zone'.

The weather lately has been fantastic, the best all year. I was talking to my math TA about my LSAT and my predictions about where I was applying. It turns out he used to live in the county in California where my application will be headed in a couple of weeks, and informed me if I was a fan of the weather today, that part of the state is suited perfectly for me. I'm a fan of the cold, and if not cold, at least neutral.

I always accuse people who talk about the weather as having nothing else to talk about ( sorry meteorologists, I appreciate you, but it is what it is), and I just used a paragraph, and now a sentence doing just that on a forum that was intended to be great, exploratory content.

Which means I've decided since this blogs inception this summer, I'll be shifting focus. This isn't entirely unrelated to removing myself from social networking sites, either. I understand the need for communication- I'm loud and unabashed in person, and the same is on the internet; why change?

Gotta cut this short, sorry to any readers for the radio silence. Til next time

No comments:

Post a Comment