Wednesday, February 10, 2010

New Answer to 'Why PD'

I took a class awhile ago called "Literature and the Occult". We covered potent topics like Plato's mirror, Schrodinger's box, Jung's archetypes, Bram Stroker's Dracula, Cristobal, and of course, Messages from Michael (of course, of course). My professor was a brilliant woman who also led me through Literature of the South and Late Shakespeare, and wrote me what I can only assume was a fantastic LOR. She studied earned her PhD at Cal, and still knew some people there who had led the forefront in and were still deeply involved in studying the essences and spirituality of Michael. I don't feel like explaining it, read about it there.

These Occult specialists were allegedly able to gather your essence - possibly a past life if your essence was strong enough- just by knowing your first, last and middle names, along with your DOB. Sounds like a ponzi scheme, right? Well, the small class trusted the professor and her cohorts enough to see what this stuff was all about. We were familiar with the material, had already discussed which Goal, Modes, and Attitudes we thought applied, so why not see if those checked out?

Everyone's pre-conception about themselves was eerily spot on. Being the skeptic I am, I wrote that off as quasi-psuedo-hackery.

But then I read my past life. I was the only one in the class who had one:

You were once the bold leader of an audacious band of thieves, and you now make an effort to avoid that lifestyle, possibly even attempting to atone for the recklessness of your actions.

That's my new "Why PD" answer: "I was a thief in a past life, so a lawyer in this one felt right".

No comments:

Post a Comment